Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Classic Cartoon Comic Books

Classic cartoons have always held a special place in my heart, since childhood bringing a smile to my face. I can remember waking up on Saturday mornings and rushing to the kitchen, grabbing my cereal, then running into the living room to watch my favorite cartoons.

One of my all-time favorite classic cartoons was Looney Tunes. Looney Tunes is now available in print as a comic book and just as hilarious as ever! All the characters are portrayed, from Foghorn Leghorn to Wile E. Coyote to Bugs Bunny and many more.

One of the best things about these comic books is not only the fact that they are humorous, but they are good, clean, humorous fun that can be shared with everyone, including young children!  I love comic books of all genres, but having one that can be shared with my grandchildren is priceless. When I read, “I say… I say that’s a joke son….laugh it up boy” in my best Foghorn Leghorn voice, it always makes my grandson laugh.

The coolest part of these classic cartoons is that, not only are they great a great source of entertainment, but they are educational also. While you are entertaining your children or grandchildren with comic books, they are learning. Children become engrossed in the stories of their favorite cartoon characters latest adventures, and want to read more. They actually wait anxiously for the next issue of their favorite title to hit the shelves of comic book store.

Librarians and other educators have taken notice and schools all over the country are beginning to incorporate comic books and graphic novels onto their library shelves. There are schools that have begun using comic books as part of the classroom curriculum, finding comic books to be an excellent gateway to start children down the literacy path.

Regardless of the reason for reading classic cartoon comic books, educational or enjoyment White Dragon Comics strives to bring readers a vast array of humorous, kid friendly comic books. Take your time and browse our site with your children or grandchildren today.

No comments:

Post a Comment