Saturday, December 9, 2017

WOW! Have you seen what small press comic book companies are publishing?



Many of the smaller print companies are publishing good comics, the problem is getting fans out of the Marvel and DC mindset! Publishing Companies like Dynamite, Aftershock, Avatar and Aspen, just to name a few are often getting overlooked in favor of Marvel and DC; fans are becoming disappointed with some of Marvel’s comics, stories being rehashed over and over, while DC Comics is faring a bit better, but still continuing same characters in the same story lines.


Don’t get me wrong I love many of the big two’s books and storylines, just getting tired of the crossovers that are a must read if you want to get the whole story. Being open-minded I started reading many of the less popular publishers and my mind was blown!


Well written storylines that do not go on and on! Often the titles coming out of publishers like Aftershock, Dynamite, Boom!Studios and others offer comic books with a short run. Some run for four issues and others five or more, but they all have a beginning and an end. And many of these storylines are better than Marvel and DC’s long-running superhero comics!


For instance, Agent 47: Birth Of A Hitman, based off the video game and soon to become a motion picture is one of the best reads recently released! When I read it, it Blew my Mind!! Not only was the story interesting, but the artwork was amazing! Agent 47 is currently on issue two and I can not wait till issue three hits comic stores!


Aftershock Comics is another comic book publisher that is turning heads! I have read almost every title the company has published, all are written well, but my favorites include Unholy Grail, Dark Ark, Brilliant Trash, Fujitsu and Babbyteeth! If you’re looking for something different, Unholy Grail is amazing!! This story gives us two Ark’s, not just Noah and his hand-picked animals survived God’s wrath! The second Ark, well that contains all the nasty’s that were supposed to be wiped-out in the flood!


Well to come to a close here, I am not abandoning the big publishers (I like their comics a lot), just spreading my wings and liking what I find! Give the smaller publishers a read, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!


If you can’t find these great comics head over to WhiteDragon Comics, we one of the largest selections of small publishers along with the big ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment